In 2019, Mirabaud received an above-average score for its sustainable investment strategies. A signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment, supported by the United Nations, since 2010, Mirabaud outperformed the reference level of its peer-group in all of the considered modules and improved on last year's scoring to obtain an A+, the highest rating, thanks to its sustainable investment strategies.
"Our PRI score, which far exceeds the reference level, is a confirmation of our expertise in the field of sustainable investing, within which Mirabaud has been active for years, with engagement being at the heart of its DNA and in the long term interest of stakeholders", mentioned Lionel Aeschlimann, Managing Partner at Mirabaud and CEO of Mirabaud Asset Management.
Hamid Amoura, Head of Sustainable Investments, adds that "this great score is all the more relevant since the Principles for Responsible Investment have grown increasingly important in investors’ eyes in recent years and are to be considered as an integral part of the fundamental assessment to be done on any business."
"This year's PRI report recognises the steps taken by Mirabaud to strengthen and enhance its ESG approach across the whole Group", said Camille Vial, Managing Partner for Mirabaud and Chairman of Mirabaud & Cie SA's Executive Committee.
The PRI assesses signatories based on their implementation of the six Principles for Responsible Investment:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.